Top object in top location! Resaturant directly at the marketplace in Quakenbrück.
- After renovation and conversion of a listed residential and commercial building -
This object is the oldest two-storey building within a radius of 40 km and is one of the oldest in the city.
It has both cultural and historical value.
It is located in the center of the historic old town directly on the market square
Eckelong Str. - Große Kirchstr. Between the cath. Church of St. Mary and the Church of St. Sylvester.
The old town of Quakenbrück is characterized by about 100 half-timbered houses from different centuries.
In this building there are different half-timbered structures from three centuries.
The castle town of Quakenbrück was first documented in 1235.
Quakenbrück is the historical, economic and cultural center of Artland, lies at the Hase river and is gaining in tourist importance for the entire region.
In the Hasetal recreational area (www.hasetal.de) Quakenbrück is always an interesting stop during a cycling tour. Approximately 50,000 cyclists pass the cycle route every year.
The bike ride leads directly to the market square, where this building falls directly into the field of view.
Meanwhile, the renovated building has become a showpiece.
The owner was excellent.
Objective and derivation
The house consists of three different parts.
The year of construction was dated back to 1510 by means of a dendrochronoligical examination.
In the middle of the 18th century (1739) and in the middle of the 19th century (1840) broad extensions, reconstructions and reconstruction measures were made.
Here, different half-timbered structures have been used which are still apparent today
A first mention of the building is given in 1583.
"The citizens of the town of Quakenbriick granted the citizen" Alheit Kremers "the permission to build a "Herberge for wechfertige frombde Lude" at this place." Here, there is a reference to the Quakenbrücker fair and the increasing popularity and thus the need to accommodate travelers.
Designated by historians as the oldest tavern and inn.
It is also known that a bakery was established for decades.
During work, references were made to a coffe roasting house and a commercial warehouse.
In recent times the operation of a colonial trade and later of a laundry business was witnessed.
In more recent times there was the use in the back as "Council tavern".
In the front there were various service providers and office firms.
There were apartments on the upper floor and the attic.
Major changes to the building were found in the modern and early 20th century.
The dendrochronological examination at the building revealed not only the age determination and the reconstruction of the original half-timbered structure, but also a reference to a medieval brewery.
Various relevant types of use in the past are therefore to be determined: Beverage, brewery, hostel, camp, bakery, coffee,
The building has been completely renovated and rebuilt. Particular emphasis was placed on the fact that the ascertained historical origin was reproduced as far as possible.
The basis for the previous remarks are various own documents and considerations.
The goal is to present as many former types of use as possible from the 16th century onwards.
Features for the restaurant
On the ground floor, the gastronomic establishment will provide both the
Day and evening activities.
Approximately 50 seats are available for this purpose.
The sale of baked goods and cakes would have a bakery character.
By offering coffee, the coffee roasting house character would be represented.
By dispensing beverages, e.g. Beer, the draft and brewery character would be represented.
The toilets, the beer cellar under the later constructed counter, and the old medieval ruins are located in the basement.
The natural stone found in the building has been processed and offers a unique view of the stairs.
There are two apartments that can be used as holiday apartments or hotel rooms. The character of a hostel would be given.
In the attic and 1st floor there are a total of 2 apartments which could be used as an apartment. There you have a view of both churches, St. Marien and St. Sylvester as well as the market square.
Outdoor service with few tables is possible.
In consultation with the municipal office of Quakenbrück, catering service is possible on the market square.
The market square can be reached directly on the traffic-calmed street.
There are ample parking facilities in the immediate vicinity behind the town hall and on the "Neuer Markt" (former "Viehmarkt").
Lockable bicycle boxes are available in the immediate vicinity of the town hall.
A bicycle charging station is to be set up here.
There is a barrier-free access from the Großenkirchstraße.
An age- and wheelchair-friendly toilet is available on the ground floor.
The following areas are available
Approx. 60 m² usable area in the basement is devided as follows:
Ladies and gentlemen's WC
On the ground floor approx. 140sqm usable is devided as follows: